Have you ever wanted to spend a weekend with Scholars and Students of Knowledge? At Sabeel retreats you are given the opportunity to spend time with different resident Scholars and students of knowledge learning, discussing, eating, sleeping and socializing with them.
Sabeel Retreats are unique programmes that aim to develop individuals to excel in all spheres of life by harnessing existing potential to create Islamic leaders. In Sabeel together with imparting deep Islamic knowledge there is an additional focus - nurturing individuals in a comprehensive manner in key areas to develop rounded characters who are firmly routed in Islamic principles and have the stimulation and ability to apply these principles.This can only be achieved by developing in all spheres of life, not just the academic and intellectual, but also spiritual, behavioural, management, family and society etc. Sabeel offers the rudimentary framework for many of these spheres and helps guide the way in others.
Sabeel retreats are residential and are held mainly over bank holiday weekends. The whole retreat programme cycle consists of 9 retreats which are held over 3 years. We have made available a number of pathways for students some of which also contain an integrated Quran and Arabic programme.
Sabeel Retreat Features include:
• Residential retreat
• Tutelage under recognised scholars and students of knowledge.
• Intensive & Interactive Study
• Extensive Group Discussions
• Student-centric learning; Instruction is focused on student learning rather than tutor teaching.
• Practical Activities
• Case Studies
• Q&A sessions, Workshops and Team Building sessions.
• Rational provocation and critical thinking skills
• Free and unrestricted environment where near-unlimited questioning and group discussion are pivotal to student progress
• Underlying tenets and principles of topics are a great focus
• Theoretical study is well balanced with practical application and significance
• Case studies and groups evaluation test students in implementation of the study that has been taken
• Night Prayer
• Quran Reading
• Other features include activities; course Notes; meals & refreshments; and being away from the hustle and bustle of normal life